Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Alex Z: Chapter 7 Response:

Alex Zagami
9/17/14
Ch. 7
Jenn Zukowski

On Exemplification

Personal reaction: 
I thought that it all made sense. What I thought at some point a long reading was that I think we very commonly use skills such as exemplification, and yet at the same time we’re not so conscious of the components of the skill. It’s like laughing at a joke and then having someone ask you “why was that funny?” and you don’t know, but you know that it was funny. Meaning we are aware of the raw skills such as exemplification, but not as aware of the make up of the skills. 

Professional reaction:

Exemplification: Using a specific example or instance to clarify a point, add interest or persuade.

Supporting details: sources can include personal experience, observation, general knowledge, class lectures, reading research and so forth.

Hypothetical examples must be realistic to be representational. They must be similar enough to other examples.

Organization: Uses of exemplification 
  • progressive order - least to most compelling
  • chronological order
  • spatial order

Byline: Best byline evrrRR


http://herocardsinc.com/cart/images/full_size/FIREFIGHTER%201%20HERO.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment